A professionally applied gel manicure using only the Jamberry TrūShine Gel Enamel System. Accent nail wrap applied to the ring finger using a Jamberry Nail Wrap.
If you like what you see, message me about the pricing for a custom package that includes all of the Jamberry Products mentioned in this article:
:: TrūShine Gel Enamel System :: Nail Prep Cleanser :: Cuticle Remover Pen :: Application kit (with rubber tipped cuticle pusher) :: Nail wrap :: Extra gel color(s).
Tips from a professional:
1. Nail prep is key and you need to remove your invisible cuticle with Jamberry cuticle remover pen and a metal spoon pusher. Do not underestimate the invisible cuticle. YES, you have it – even if you can’t see it – that’s why it’s called “invisible”!!!
2. Buff your nails to remove shine. Make sure you get the buffer along the sides, top and bottom of the nail – not just the inside middle. (I personally am not a fan of buffing and I have had great results without it).
3. Clean with the Jamberry Nail Prep Cleanser.
4. When it comes to applying the actual gel layers, make sure that you don’t have a whole lot of gel on your brush. Beginning with the base coat, start in the middle of each nail, then do a “scrubbing” motion towards the cuticle. That way it won’t pool at the cuticle. Then do the same for each side. Swipe quickly across the tip.
- gel is self-leveling so it will pool at the tips if you hang your fingers down before curing. Try to keep your hands/fingers level. Do not apply to thumbs until you’re ready to cure your thumbs. In other words – four fingers, four fingers then thumbs.
- the RUBBER tipped cuticle pusher (as opposed to the orange stick) works best to remove any excess from skin, on the sides and under the tip. Most nail techs in a salon use their actual nails but if you don’t want to ruin your nails, then the rubber pusher is next best.
- When it comes to the color layers do NOT cap the tips, only cap the base and top coats.
Once you are satisfied with your application cure the base coat. Based on my personal experience with TruShine, I prefer to cure for roughly 60 seconds which is longer than the recommended cure time. I believe the nails turn out smoother and last longer with the extra cure time.
5. Repeat Step 4 with your color and top coats. Remember to cure each layer. Remember to keep layers thin.
6. After final top coat (and cure), wipe with alcohol and if a little color comes on your wipe, it’s ok. It’s likely you just missed an edge with the top coat.
Book your September party to earn the TrūShine Gel Enamel System for FREE or HALF OFF!!
Ask me about my September Specials!
Fun Facts: Gluten Free :: Cruelty Free :: Nut Free :: Vegan :: Made in the USA!
Haven’t tried Jamberry yet? Request a sample HERE